Have you ever wished that after bathing in the garden pool, your clothes did not smell like chlorine and your eyes did not turn red? Nanosept Aqua is just as easy to use as chlorine, but it provides long-term protection against Legionella and Pseudomonas bacteria. In addition, it avoids the disadvantages of chlorinated water disinfection.
For the disinfection of home garden pools, many people recommend chlorine compounds, the main advantage of which is its low cost, but there are several disadvantages:
- Chlorine-containing disinfectants are more unpleasant due to their strong odour
- They can pinch our eyes
- They can make your swimsuit fade over time
- They may cause skin irritation in susceptible persons (e.g. eczema)
- They may cause respiratory irritation in susceptible individuals (e.g. children with asthma)
- In addition, the reaction between organic matter in water and chlorine can result in the formation of substances (such as trihalomethanes) that are not necessarily good for health.
Because of all this it may be worthwhile to choose a method for disinfecting your garden pool that is as effective as chlorination, but does not cause any inconvenience, and is as easy to perform as chlorine disinfection.
Chlorine-free solution: Nanosept Aqua
Nanosept Aqua is a chlorine-free, long-lasting antimicrobial disinfectant that can destroy viruses, bacteria and fungi in the following ways:
- The hydrogen peroxide component of the disinfectant releases active oxygen in the atomic state, which in itself has an antimicrobial effect
- Silver also destroys the cells, chemically transforms the enzymes of the microbes, which can no longer perform their normal function. All this causes the destruction of microbes.
How can I use Nanosept Aqua to disinfect my pool?
Using Nanospet Aqua is as easy as disinfecting with chlorine. The desired amount of disinfectant is poured into the pool and then mixed well in the water, manually or with a pool mixer.
The level of hydrogen peroxide should be checked regularly, for which a photometric system used for chlorine can be used: a test strip is used, the discoloration of which indicates whether or not Nanosept should be used again. Because each pool is unique, the time required for another disinfection will be different in each case – this must be experienced by everyone individually.
An important advantage over chlorine is the presence of silver that can better preserve the condition of the water in the long run, even if for some reason it is not re-disinfected for a certain period of time. Nanosilver:
- helps prevent algae and opalescence
- helps keep filters clean
- and if you don’t change the pool water for a long time, less and less Nanosept should be used for reinfections.
All this is due to the accumulation of silver, which can form an almost invisible coating on surfaces, such as the walls of the pool, filters and pumps housings, thus providing longer-term protection against bacteria: pathogens cannot adhere to silver-coated surfaces, so they are also unable to create a biofilm, which would seriously complicate their subsequent removal.
Another advantage over chlorine: Nanosept Aqua is also effective against Legionella and Pseudomonas bacteria
Legionella and Pseudomonas bacteria can in some cases even lead to serious health problems, such as severe pneumonia, but these pathogens are able to resist chorine disinfection. This is because they often create a so-called biofilm that protects them from chlorine.
Nanosept Aqua also provides a solution to this problem: the disinfectant is able to kill microorganisms that are hidden in the already formed biofilm or hidden under it. Regular application also inhibits biofilm formation, thus providing extended protection against conventional disinfectants at the same time.