The antibacterial effect of silver has been known for centuries. The extraordinary properties of this precious metal were already known and used by the Romans. To preserve drinking water, they used silver containers or placed silver coins in the water. Alexander the Great’s soldiers used silver to preserve the freshness of drinking water during long sea voyages, although they were unaware of the existence of bacteria.
The antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral effects of silver are well known for microorganisms. Colloids began to be dealt with by English chemist Thomas Graham in the late 1800s and found that elements that crystallize easily could easily penetrate the cell membranes of living things. According to the March 1978 issue of Science Digest magazine silver particles killed all pathogens from the cca 650 observed microorganisms in a test tube within six minutes (http://www.cs.kestar.com.au/scidi78.pdf). In addition, many research papers prove the effective antimicrobial effect of silver against microbes that can cause serious diseases and infections.
The effectiveness of a silver particles has been demonstrated in the following cases:
- conjunctivitis, barley, eye infection, psoriasis, shingles, eczema, ringworm, werewolf, fungus, foot and nail fungus, candida, mold, salmonella, multiplication of various coccus bacteria
- restores the anatomical structure of the liver, strengthens its function, enhances detoxification
- sore throat, cold, cough, flu, H1N1, follicular tonsillitis, bronchitis, other respiratory problems
- for oral mucosal infection and mucosal injury
- gingivitis and inflammation, tartar, in the formation of internal blisters (aphthous) in the oral cavity
- also excellent for cuts and other skin injuries, burns and sunburn
- destroys carnivorous and bone-eating bacteria (no need to amputate limb)
The popularity of silver colloids in our time
Today we experience a renaissance of silver, with a wide range of silver colloids on the shelves of drugstores and pharmacies that are growing in popularity. It is very important to note here that while some bacteria become resistant to antibiotics, silver will always kill them.
Taking advantage of the possibilities offered by silver and nanotechnology, a new generation of disinfectants has been developed. Nowadays, it is advisable to replace harmful and in many cases toxic disinfectants with a product family that can be integrated into the environmentally conscious lifestyle of modern man, the XXI. century health-oriented approach. Nanotechnology has made it possible to reduce the particle size of an active ingredient by many orders of magnitude, even when a minimal amount is used, to have an antimicrobial effect, finding the optimal particle size and amount that ensures efficiency and does not burden the environment.
Our goal is to contribute to the reduction of chlorine-containing or obsolete cleansing agents that cause environmental burdens.
In addition to the existing products, our company has developed a new solution that can be used as a disinfectant. NANOSEPT® AQUA SUPER effectively and quickly disinfects drinking water, domestic hot water, plumbing, tanks, water objects, swimming pools, beverage bottlers, industrial waters, and any surface.